Pain Management and Nursing Practice
A second year nursing student asks you what the difference is between nociceptive and neuropathic pain, and whether it matters?
Outline your response to the student giving arguments for your key points that are supported by evidence from the literature.
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- Can a Continuous Service Readiness program focused on patient pain assessment/reassessment increase a hospital’s HCAHPS pain scores and ensure that nurses assess and reassess their patients’ pain?
- ETH 316 Week 1 Week 1 Discussion Question: 1 One of your friends uses the terms ethics and morality interchangeably. You do not think this is correct. How would you explain the difference between ethics and morality? Provide an example of morality and one of ethics in your explanation. Week 1 Discussion Question: 2 Select two major ethical theories covered in your readings for Week One. What are the major differences between these two theories? Which one of these theories is most aligned to your personal beliefs? Explain. Week 1 Discussion Question: 3 What are examples of virtues, values, and moral concepts? How does each of these relate to one another? In what ways are they separate and in what ways are they connected? Week 1 Discussion Question: 4 In Ch. 6 of Basic Ethics, the author discusses the relationship of religion as it relates to morality and ethics. Using your own personal experiences as a resource, what, if any, relationship exists between religion, morality, and ethics? Explain your answer. · ETH 316 Week 1 Individual Assignment Ethics Essay. (600+ Words)
- What is the difference between research- and evidence-based practice projects? Provide an example of each one and the reason for the difference.
- ROLE OF CONTROLLER: Juanita Veracruz, newly hired controller of Braxton Industries, had been lured away from a competitor to revitalize the controller’s department. Her first day on the job proved to be an eye-opener. One of her first interviews was with Adrian Belton, production supervisor in the Cleveland factory. Belton commented, “I really don’t want to talk to anyone from the controller’s office. The only time we see those accountants is when our costs go over their budget. They wave what they call a ‘performance report,’ but it’s actually just a bunch of numbers they make up. It has nothing to do with what happens on the shop floor. Besides, my men can’t afford the time to fill out all the paperwork those accountants want, so I just plug in some numbers and send it back. Now, if you’ll let me get back to important matters.…” Veracruz left quickly, but she was already planning for her next visit with Belton. 1. Identify some of the problems in the relationship between the controller’s department and the production departments (assuming that the Cleveland factory is representative of the production departments). 2. What should Juanita Veracruz do next?
- Nursing Continuous Service Readiness program focused on patient pain assessment/reassessment increase a hospital’s HCAHPS pain scores
- A 30-year-old female patient presents with lower abdominal pain that began two days ago. The pain has increased and she is experiencing vaginal bleeding that is scanty.
- Definition of Pain and Description of Labour Pain
- A quantitative study about pain might examine patient's experiences and feelings about pain
- Hospital’s HCAHPS pain scores and ensure that nurses assess and reassess their patients’ pain?