provide general view about pain in children and why pain in children must be assessed and managed effectively. in the body start briefly with the types of pain in children( chronic and acute).
outline the common pain in children( example : abdominal pain, headache) discuss the approaches of pain assessment in children.
consider pain assessment in specific children population (neonates, infants, children with communication & cognitive impairment, children with chronic illness).
( explain the assessment tools used in each stage of childhood )
explore the approaches of pain management in children. apprise the consequences of untreated pain in children. examine the challenges in the nursing assessment and management of pain in children ( nursing challenges such as knowledge of tools of assessment, communication, skills, the believe of pain ) also challenges on institutional level ( overload work, short of equipment, policy). and how the nurse can manage or overcome these challenges. Discuss the benefits of good pain management on the child and his family.
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- Current Trends and Issues in Managed Care: Managed care hospital reimbursement Managed care provider reimbursement
- Your assignment is to write a 2-3 page essay in which you address the scenario below. Suppose that you have a house guest from another country. He is curious about the lifestyles that we tend to lead in the United States. He wants to know why there seems to be such a big problem with nutrition and lack of exercise. Explain to him why nutrition and exercise are important to the health of our society as a whole. Case assignment expectations: Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper. LENGTH: 2-3 pages typed and double-spaced. The following items will be assessed in particular: 1. Your ability to explain why lifestyle factors such as nutrition and exercise are important to the health of a society 2. Some in-text references to modular background readings (APA formatting preferred) Be sure that your opinion is justified with evidence from the literature. Try to use several scholarly references for each assignment. All references should be cited properly in the text of the paper as well as at the end. Please limit your response to 3 pages maximum. Assignments are due on the Monday after a module ends.
- Using the requirements for General Duty violations in Chapter 4 of the OSHA Field Operations Manual (FOM) describe a situation that could be cited as a violation of the General Duty Clause. Remember that the General Duty Clause can only be applied if there is no OSHA standard for the hazard. Explain how your citation meets the four elements listed in the FOM as necessary to prove such a violation.
- Every city in the State of California is required by state law to have a general plan. Find the general plan for a city in California – the name of the city should start with the first letter of your first name (i.e., if your name is Larry, you could choose Los Angeles). Go to that city’s website. Choose one of the “elements” of the General Plan and browse through it. How long is it? What are some of the things that they talk about?
- Can a Continuous Service Readiness program focused on patient pain assessment/reassessment increase a hospital’s HCAHPS pain scores and ensure that nurses assess and reassess their patients’ pain?
- Choose ONE (1) category (origin of all things, nature of god, view of human nature, view of good and evil, etc.)
- ETHICS:Follow both of the following links and read the brief articles. In the first article: General Motors Misled Grieving Families on a Lethal Flaw, identify the key ethical issues and the accountability issues from an OD point of view. In the second article: As Mary Barra Returns To D.C., Can GM's Culture Really Change?, describe the challenges ahead of Mary Barra. Families Misled by GM, Mary Barra Returns. In your response, also incorporate how and where mission, vision and values come into play. Respond to two classmates’ posts.
- Reflection using john model, each reflection must be 1200. The reflection must be on national safety and quality health standards encountered in clinical practice experience.