A 6 page paper discussing the importance and relevance of healthcare communication in the case of a scenario of a CNA or LPN caring for a patient and moving to the next patient without washing his hands. The paper concludes that technical knowledge is paramount in providing effective healthcare, but it carries much less value without the ability to communicate it effectively. Healthcare communication must be effective and complete to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. Bibliography lists 6 sources.
- Interactional process and component of communication factor facilitating communication as well as barriers to effective communication
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan. Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model. Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis. Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives: Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Market share Revenues and costs Profitability Competitive position Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Customer retention or turnover Customer satisfaction Customer value Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Measure of process performance Productivity or productivity improvement Operations metrics Impact of change on the organization Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Employee satisfaction Employee turnover or retention Level of organizational capability Nature of organizational culture or climate Technological innovation Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3. Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following: Identify potential risks and mitigation plans Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies. Incorporate ethical implications Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format. Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, "The percentage of increase in market share." The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of "Increase market share" could be "Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years" of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.) Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company's strategic objectives that includes the following: Define the purpose. Define the audience. Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel. Format paper consistent with APA guidelines. Attachments Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.08 PM.png
- In today’s changing healthcare environment, it is more important than ever for professional nurses to be skilled in collaborating with professionals from other healthcare disciplines. What communication strategies can professional nurses use to specifical
- In today?s world, the Internet has become a valuable tool for research and communication, enabling users to accomplish in minutes what used to take hours, or even days.In today?s world, the Internet has become a valuable tool for research and communication, enabling users to accomplish in minutes what used to take hours, or even days.
- Constructive Conflict Communication In chapter 7, we learned about obstacles to communication, specifically in effective and ineffective expressions of emotion
- Explain a communication model that you are familiar with how do you plan on using this model to improve on your communication 100 words
- What role do the Stakeholder Management processes play in determining stakeholder communication needs and developing an effective communication strategy?
- Communication Strategies business communication UNIT 2
- components of emergency management multi-agency interoperability methods that further enhance multi-agency communication infrastructure requirements for multi-agency preparedness the relationship of communication and interoperability to the success of emergency management and government structure
- Business Communication for Success, “Negative News and Crisis Communication.”