Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Every person belongs to what sociologists label subcultures. These are segments of society that share a distinctive pattern of morals, folkways, and values. Read this article for a clear example of a subculture. Respond to the following questions:
- With what subculture do you most identify?
- What language, jargon, slang, or specialized terms are attached to your subculture?
- What are some common values and experiences of your subculture?
- How does this group identity affect your individual identity?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?