Value of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in the Treatment of Patients
This 8 page paper considers the role of Maslow’s model of needs when it comes to nursing patients. This paper considers cardiac patients and compares the role of the hospital nurse and the needs of the patient in respect of the community nurse, how their roles may be seen as reflecting the status of the patients position on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. The bibliography cites 5 sources.
- Using Maslow’s Needs Hierarchy to construct five different messages on how learning to read can help people fulfill one of Maslow’s basic needs.
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan. Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model. Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis. Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives: Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Market share Revenues and costs Profitability Competitive position Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Customer retention or turnover Customer satisfaction Customer value Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Measure of process performance Productivity or productivity improvement Operations metrics Impact of change on the organization Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Employee satisfaction Employee turnover or retention Level of organizational capability Nature of organizational culture or climate Technological innovation Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3. Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following: Identify potential risks and mitigation plans Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies. Incorporate ethical implications Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format. Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, "The percentage of increase in market share." The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of "Increase market share" could be "Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years" of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.) Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company's strategic objectives that includes the following: Define the purpose. Define the audience. Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel. Format paper consistent with APA guidelines. Attachments Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.08 PM.png
- Integrating Orem’s Self Care and Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- The Orem Model in Terms of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Sensory impairment may affect an individual’s ability to meet their higher level needs on Maslow’s hierarchy.
- Maslow's Needs Hierarchy Exercise
- Computer Sensitivity, Specific, Positive Predictive Value, and Negative Predictive Value of a Disease
- Compute Sensitivity, Specific, Positive Predictive Value, and Negative Predictive Value of a Disease
- Maslow's Hierarchy Theory
- Theories of Motivation (Extrinsic/Intrinsic and Maslow’s Hierarchy)