tyle=”text-align: justify;”>Select a nursing theory you consider relevant today. Explain from a global perspective how you would change this theory to better support the ethical and social issues (e.g., bioterrorism, genocide) that nurses face in health care.
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan. Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model. Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis. Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives: Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Market share Revenues and costs Profitability Competitive position Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Customer retention or turnover Customer satisfaction Customer value Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Measure of process performance Productivity or productivity improvement Operations metrics Impact of change on the organization Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Employee satisfaction Employee turnover or retention Level of organizational capability Nature of organizational culture or climate Technological innovation Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3. Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following: Identify potential risks and mitigation plans Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies. Incorporate ethical implications Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format. Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, "The percentage of increase in market share." The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of "Increase market share" could be "Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years" of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.) Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company's strategic objectives that includes the following: Define the purpose. Define the audience. Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel. Format paper consistent with APA guidelines. Attachments Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.08 PM.png
- Write a short paper (maximum three pages, double-spaced) choosing one of these social work systems: child welfare, legal, or welfare (also known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF). How are social problems “typified” (or socially constructed) in this system? How are social justice issues framed in this system? Explain and evaluate what social workers do when working in this system (this is a micro system perspective). How do they obtain clients? How do they assess needs, and design and deliver interventions? What theoretical approaches guide their practices? (Refer back to Unit 4’s introductions on theoretical approaches.) How do they validate their processes and practices (how do they know their interventions work)? What do they need in terms of education, certification, and experience to work in this system? How does the social work system influence the social problems in this system? (This is a macro system perspective.) What is your appraisal of the relationship between the philosophical intentions of social work, the American mindset regarding this system and the people involved, and the social system itself?
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- a description of the problem that you identified in your selected (a Hospital setting) organization. Explain the problem from a closed-system perspective. Then, describe how the problem could be addressed by viewing it from an open-system perspective, and explain how this modification would help you and others improve health care outcomes.
- examine what course-delivery format (online, blended, or face-to-face) leads to the best performance in a psychological statistics class
- what course-delivery format (online, blended, or face-to-face) leads to the best performance in a psychological statistics class
- Identify five specific ethical issues that 21st century ethical managers must confront. Which of the ethical perspectives described in this chapter seems best suited to resolve such ethical issues?
- Primary Prevention/Health Promotion Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population Bioterrorism/Disaster Environmental Issues Complete the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal.”
- Select a Grand or Mid-Range Theory that is appropriate to your practice setting( home care nurse). Explain whether the theory uses deductive, inductive or retroductive reasoning then provide evidence to support your conclusion.