tyle=”text-align: justify;”>DEFINITION NURSING META-PARADIGMS
Explain how the four metaparadigm concepts (person, health, nursing and environment) relate to the concept of nursing international vs nursing united states of America
Duff, E (2011). Relating the nursing paradigm to practice. A teaching strategy. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 8(1), 1-9.
Castledine, G. (2010). Creative nursing. Art or science? British Journal of Nursing, 19(14), 937
–Monti, E, J, Tingen, M. S. (1999). Multiple paradigms of nursing science. Advances in nursing Science 26(4), 64-80.
- For this Discussion, you will investigate how another organization conducts assessments. Begin by finding out whatever you can through Web searching about your local or state health department's approach to assessment and strategic planning. Find out also if there are initiatives at the state level to coordinate health assessments from the various communities in the state. If so, are there tools and forms available to do that? (See the Iowa state Web site as an example: http://www.idph.state.ia.us/chnahip/reports_2005.asp.) Then locate and interview someone who has been involved in community health assessment and strategic planning at either a local or state level. To find a person to interview, contact your local health department. Depending on the size of the department, you may wish to ask to interview the director or else ask to be referred to someone who has participated in assessment and strategic planning. If you prefer, you could instead call your state health department; each state should have personnel who deal with coordinating strategic plans from individual counties, and one of these individuals might be a good person to interview. Your interview may be conducted over the phone or via e-mail, or in person if you prefer. (Note: You must transcribe or summarize your interview and post it.) Prepare your thoughts and questions carefully in advance so you can be succinct in your interview. In your interview, you should ask them questions along these lines, as well as any other questions you think are appropriate to the organization or individual you are working with: 1. How do you assess the needs of your community? How often do you conduct assessments? 2. What use did you make of the assessment data? Did you develop a strategic plan or something similar for your department and/or for the community? Please describe this plan. (For example, how detailed is it? Is it a long-range plan?) 3. What are your thoughts about the assessment process? How well is it working? What are specifc strengths of the process from your perspectives? Any barriers or difficulties to overcome? Then: # Identify the organization and title of the person you contacted (for privacy purposes, however, do not identify the name of the person you interviewed). # Summarize the findings of your interview, highlighting what you found most surprising or interesting regarding the challenges and benefits of the community health assessment process. Is there anything you would do differently or do you have suggestions for improvement? # Post a transcript or detailed summary of the interview as an attachment; this will allow other students who are interested to learn more about this organization's assessment process.
- ETH 316 Week 1 Week 1 Discussion Question: 1 One of your friends uses the terms ethics and morality interchangeably. You do not think this is correct. How would you explain the difference between ethics and morality? Provide an example of morality and one of ethics in your explanation. Week 1 Discussion Question: 2 Select two major ethical theories covered in your readings for Week One. What are the major differences between these two theories? Which one of these theories is most aligned to your personal beliefs? Explain. Week 1 Discussion Question: 3 What are examples of virtues, values, and moral concepts? How does each of these relate to one another? In what ways are they separate and in what ways are they connected? Week 1 Discussion Question: 4 In Ch. 6 of Basic Ethics, the author discusses the relationship of religion as it relates to morality and ethics. Using your own personal experiences as a resource, what, if any, relationship exists between religion, morality, and ethics? Explain your answer. · ETH 316 Week 1 Individual Assignment Ethics Essay. (600+ Words)
- The Four Metaparadigms: Identification, discussion, and documentation from the literature of your perspective on the basic four metaparadigms/concepts of patient, nurse, health, and environment.
- paper that: relates how all four of the planning concepts (phasing, branches, planning horizons, and forward and reverse planning) as well as strategic, operational, and tactical planning helps sequence operations within the planning process compares and contrasts how all four of the planning concepts, as well as strategic, operational, and tactical planning would be implemented in specific emergency situations during the planning process.
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- The major difference between a successful person and one that is not successful is that the successful person, over time, tends to make better decisions than the less successful person
- READ COLOSSIANS 1 IN THE BIBLE. COMPARE WAYS IN WHICH THE CONCEPTS OF “GOD,” “PERSON,” “ENVIRONMENT,” “HEALTH,” AND “NURSING” WOULD BE DEFINED ACCORDING TO COLOSSIANS 1.
- Read Colossians 1 in the Bible. Compare ways in which the concepts of "God," "Person," "Environment," "Health," and "Nursing" would be defined according to Colossians 1.
- ways in which the concepts of "God," "Person," "Environment," "Health," and "Nursing" would be defined according to Colossians 1.
- Your assignment is to write a 2-3 page essay in which you address the scenario below. Suppose that you have a house guest from another country. He is curious about the lifestyles that we tend to lead in the United States. He wants to know why there seems to be such a big problem with nutrition and lack of exercise. Explain to him why nutrition and exercise are important to the health of our society as a whole. Case assignment expectations: Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper. LENGTH: 2-3 pages typed and double-spaced. The following items will be assessed in particular: 1. Your ability to explain why lifestyle factors such as nutrition and exercise are important to the health of a society 2. Some in-text references to modular background readings (APA formatting preferred) Be sure that your opinion is justified with evidence from the literature. Try to use several scholarly references for each assignment. All references should be cited properly in the text of the paper as well as at the end. Please limit your response to 3 pages maximum. Assignments are due on the Monday after a module ends.