For this paper, you will interview a couple (heterosexual or homosexual) and analyze their work-family relationship. Make a list of questions to ask during your interview. Be sure to include questions about the amount of work done in the workplace and at home. Ask about the types of work being done, as well as specific time spent on various tasks. Ask about how work is divided between the couple. Make notes and turn in your questionnaire, question responses and a 2-3 page paper analyzing your findings on the Second Shift.
- For this Discussion, you will investigate how another organization conducts assessments. Begin by finding out whatever you can through Web searching about your local or state health department's approach to assessment and strategic planning. Find out also if there are initiatives at the state level to coordinate health assessments from the various communities in the state. If so, are there tools and forms available to do that? (See the Iowa state Web site as an example: http://www.idph.state.ia.us/chnahip/reports_2005.asp.) Then locate and interview someone who has been involved in community health assessment and strategic planning at either a local or state level. To find a person to interview, contact your local health department. Depending on the size of the department, you may wish to ask to interview the director or else ask to be referred to someone who has participated in assessment and strategic planning. If you prefer, you could instead call your state health department; each state should have personnel who deal with coordinating strategic plans from individual counties, and one of these individuals might be a good person to interview. Your interview may be conducted over the phone or via e-mail, or in person if you prefer. (Note: You must transcribe or summarize your interview and post it.) Prepare your thoughts and questions carefully in advance so you can be succinct in your interview. In your interview, you should ask them questions along these lines, as well as any other questions you think are appropriate to the organization or individual you are working with: 1. How do you assess the needs of your community? How often do you conduct assessments? 2. What use did you make of the assessment data? Did you develop a strategic plan or something similar for your department and/or for the community? Please describe this plan. (For example, how detailed is it? Is it a long-range plan?) 3. What are your thoughts about the assessment process? How well is it working? What are specifc strengths of the process from your perspectives? Any barriers or difficulties to overcome? Then: # Identify the organization and title of the person you contacted (for privacy purposes, however, do not identify the name of the person you interviewed). # Summarize the findings of your interview, highlighting what you found most surprising or interesting regarding the challenges and benefits of the community health assessment process. Is there anything you would do differently or do you have suggestions for improvement? # Post a transcript or detailed summary of the interview as an attachment; this will allow other students who are interested to learn more about this organization's assessment process.
- Write a short paper (maximum three pages, double-spaced) choosing one of these social work systems: child welfare, legal, or welfare (also known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF). How are social problems “typified” (or socially constructed) in this system? How are social justice issues framed in this system? Explain and evaluate what social workers do when working in this system (this is a micro system perspective). How do they obtain clients? How do they assess needs, and design and deliver interventions? What theoretical approaches guide their practices? (Refer back to Unit 4’s introductions on theoretical approaches.) How do they validate their processes and practices (how do they know their interventions work)? What do they need in terms of education, certification, and experience to work in this system? How does the social work system influence the social problems in this system? (This is a macro system perspective.) What is your appraisal of the relationship between the philosophical intentions of social work, the American mindset regarding this system and the people involved, and the social system itself?
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- How do family traditions and cultural legacies contribute to and/or inhibit an individual’s self-identity? What do you know about your family history? How is this history shared, and how is it valued among individual family members? Beyond its literal meaning, what are the broader implications of the cliché’ “keeping the family name alive”? Or has this cliché outlived its validity?
- Angry Couple Worksheet
- The Relationship between Work Schedule, Sleepiness and Fatigue on Nursing Care and Patient Safety: developing strategies to reduce the impact of shift work on nursing
- How do your personality strengths and weaknesses affect your daily and long-term choices and goals at work, in your marriage or other romantic relationship, your relationships with friends or family, and/or your life as a student
- Share with the class an experience where you have worked with, or know someone with problems associated with shift work. What were the effects of the problems and what was done to help the individual? What was the shift work schedule? If you don’t have any personal experience, then you may research a case study that dealt with improvement of a shift work schedule.
- Impact of stress on the family and the role of the family nurse practitioner in delivering care that is family centered
- write a 1500-word paper using APA standards that focuses on the following: Interview two different individuals regarding their positions in society. Analyze their responses regarding