ing case study
The purpose of this essay is for students to present a comprehensive discussion linking the health issues identified through a client assessment to the impact they have on the client and their level of function in the community setting. It requires the student to prioritize the health issues and to show analysis of the complexity of care provision demonstrating critical reflection on practice.
Students are required to provide discussion and analysis of the relevant nursing care required providing evidence of wide reading.
- Present a comprehensive discussion linking the health issues identified through a client assessment to the impact they have on the client and their level of function in the community setting
- For this Discussion, you will investigate how another organization conducts assessments. Begin by finding out whatever you can through Web searching about your local or state health department's approach to assessment and strategic planning. Find out also if there are initiatives at the state level to coordinate health assessments from the various communities in the state. If so, are there tools and forms available to do that? (See the Iowa state Web site as an example: http://www.idph.state.ia.us/chnahip/reports_2005.asp.) Then locate and interview someone who has been involved in community health assessment and strategic planning at either a local or state level. To find a person to interview, contact your local health department. Depending on the size of the department, you may wish to ask to interview the director or else ask to be referred to someone who has participated in assessment and strategic planning. If you prefer, you could instead call your state health department; each state should have personnel who deal with coordinating strategic plans from individual counties, and one of these individuals might be a good person to interview. Your interview may be conducted over the phone or via e-mail, or in person if you prefer. (Note: You must transcribe or summarize your interview and post it.) Prepare your thoughts and questions carefully in advance so you can be succinct in your interview. In your interview, you should ask them questions along these lines, as well as any other questions you think are appropriate to the organization or individual you are working with: 1. How do you assess the needs of your community? How often do you conduct assessments? 2. What use did you make of the assessment data? Did you develop a strategic plan or something similar for your department and/or for the community? Please describe this plan. (For example, how detailed is it? Is it a long-range plan?) 3. What are your thoughts about the assessment process? How well is it working? What are specifc strengths of the process from your perspectives? Any barriers or difficulties to overcome? Then: # Identify the organization and title of the person you contacted (for privacy purposes, however, do not identify the name of the person you interviewed). # Summarize the findings of your interview, highlighting what you found most surprising or interesting regarding the challenges and benefits of the community health assessment process. Is there anything you would do differently or do you have suggestions for improvement? # Post a transcript or detailed summary of the interview as an attachment; this will allow other students who are interested to learn more about this organization's assessment process.
- What is the poverty level in your aggregate community that you chose? How many people live below the poverty level in that community? What does this mean for the community (what issues arise from the poverty level and the number of people below the poverty level)?
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan. Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model. Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis. Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives: Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Market share Revenues and costs Profitability Competitive position Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Customer retention or turnover Customer satisfaction Customer value Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Measure of process performance Productivity or productivity improvement Operations metrics Impact of change on the organization Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Employee satisfaction Employee turnover or retention Level of organizational capability Nature of organizational culture or climate Technological innovation Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3. Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following: Identify potential risks and mitigation plans Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies. Incorporate ethical implications Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format. Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, "The percentage of increase in market share." The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of "Increase market share" could be "Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years" of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.) Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company's strategic objectives that includes the following: Define the purpose. Define the audience. Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel. Format paper consistent with APA guidelines. Attachments Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.08 PM.png
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- Discuss how the community nurse, using an empowerment approach, could promote health literacy in relation to the health goal identified for the chosen client group.
- The purpose of the Service Learning experience is to focus on health promotion and disease prevention activities for various client populations in the community.
- Budget Legislation Once the budget has been prepared by the various agencies, it is often moved forward to the legislative body for authorization. The legislation process can result in unintended outcomes and restrictions. Search the internet and news reporting services for a story on an unintended outcome of interest to you and answer the following questions: How did politics shape the outcome in unexpected ways? Did “pork” spending or “apportionments and allotments” budget amendments affect the legislation? Did a mid-year crisis or change in revenue expectations substantially impact the budget legislative action? Performance Budgeting Performance budgeting has been attempted at the local level in recent years. Address the issues of performance budgeting while answering the following questions: What attributes of performance budgeting make it particularly suitable to local government budgeting? Will the same attributes be as useful at the federal level? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- Describe the elements of a comprehensive health assessment of a geriatric patient. What special considerations should the nurse keep in mind while performing this assessment?